To receive priority consideration for admission and limited, merit-based scholarship funds the application deadline is March 15, 2022. Applications submitted after March 15, 2022 will be considered on a rolling basis, space permitting until July 31, 2022.
The Master of Science in Quantitative Economics program is accepting applications through the University of Pittsburgh Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, Graduate Studies, GradCas.
Please follow these steps to access the GradCas online application:
- Select the Fall 2022 Term to Apply.
- Create an Account.
- Search for Master of Science in Quantitative Economics University of Pittsburgh
An application must include:
- Three, 150 word statements to provide the admissions committee with a holistic impression of your unique characteristics and challenges and your intellectual and professional goals.
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one being an academic reference.
- Unofficial Transcripts with demonstrated mastery in Calculus I and a basic understanding of Economics. Applicants should have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or above. Applicants with under a 2.75 GPA will not be considered.
Application Fee WaiversIn an effort to reduce financial barriers to attending graduate school, the Kenneth P. Dietrich Graduate School of Arts and Sciences offers application fee waivers. Please note that fee waivers are approved on a case-by-case basis and not all fee waiver requests will be granted. All requests received will be reviewed and responded to within 48 hours during normal business hours: Monday - Friday 8:30a.m. to 5:00p.m. EST. To be considered for a fee waiver, please complete the following fee waiver survey for review: https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cD38CmmjcOT3Tvw.
International Applicants - English language proficiency demonstrated by one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences requires a minimum TOEFL score of 90, with a minimum score of 22 in each section
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum score of 7.0, with a minimum score of 6.5 in each section
- Duolingo English Test: Minimum score of 110
If you are having issues with any part of your on-line application for the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences please reach out to the GradCas Applicant Help center: https://help.liaisonedu.com/GradCAS_Applicant_Help_Center. If you cannot find the answer to your question you can also contact them by phone 857-304-2086 or via email: email@example.com. For the quickest response it is best to contact them via chat on the Applicant Help center page.